Wednesday 3 March 2010

Mike's day of confidence.

When Mike contacted me he explained that he is getting back to riding after breaking his back. He spoke of wanting to gain in confidence that he lost when he crashed.
After analysing his riding during my skills health check I saw he wasn't looking far along the trail but directly down through his wheel. I set to put that right.

Section after section Mike demonstrated the uptake of his new skill set and gained confidence throughout the day.
We worked on cornering.
The drop technique.
We worked on climbing too.
By the end of the day Mike was flowing down the trails with renewed confidence and control. I read about his crash last year when he posted from his hospital bed and I sent him healing vibes then, today it was a pleasure to watch him back where he belongs.




1 comment:

  1. Tony, I had a great day. Once the bike set-up was changed, the confidence in my ability started returning, and I was trusting the technique you taught me. You were calm and non-pushy, and let me decide trail section options myself. By the end, I knew much more about what I was doing, especially (when it wasn't quite right), what I was doing wrong. My 'crash' probably came at the right time, as I was able to get back up and do that section again straight away. I knew you would help with confidence, but I hadn't guessed how much. Thanks again. Mike.

    ReplyDelete