Friday 5 March 2010

Julia and Krystal begin progressing!

Julia and Krystal contacted me for a skills session after they had bought new bikes from Marshall's cycles and decided to ride to the new forest and back in june this year.
After going through the skills check and some braking and cornering techniques we moved onto contrlled braking on steep singletrack.
Krystal then applied the same skills to roll downs/drop offs.
oh, and cornering!
Julia showed great commitment and control on the descents.
After applying the skill set to all the techniques on the trails we moved onto climbing. I demonstrated the technique and we worked on gear selection and cadence as well.
Overall the day covered a wide spectrum of techniques using the mental and physical skill set. The girls left feeling confident that their trip will be alot more fun now on the off road sections.

2 comments:

  1. Krystal Woodbridge6 March 2010 at 05:15

    This really was such a worthwhile course to do. I was struggling with my confidence prior to this and didn't really know which skills I needed to develop. I definitely now feel more in control on my bike and can't wait to get out again to put my new skills to use! Thanks Tony!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started the day feeling unconfident and very wobbly on my bike but by the end of it i was feeling much more confident and in control. Tony was a fantastic coach and the skills he taught us will make our trip to the New Forest even more enjoyable. A great day!

    ReplyDelete