Saturday 17 November 2012

Tim, Irving, Dave and Plumber get together for a session
































Tim and Irving booked the session for 4 of them but 2 pulled out so Dave and Plumber joined them after seeing a post on www.singletrackworld.com  forum. On meeting I ran them all through my skills check and found they needed collective work on looking, footwork and body positioning. I made some critical set up changes to their bikes and to their surprise, we moved on straight to the drops. Here I demonstrated andn then worked on their mental and physical skills and soon they were all riding all 3drops, I was even able to show Tim, who'd been to me before, to style it too!
 We moved onto the skills trail and its 14 sections and began working on linking the sections together to make their trail riding faster and smoother and far more controlled than before.
Pre jumping and pumping , rock gardens, steps, fly out jumps and drops were linked to flat, bermed, off camber and switchback turns. We worked along the trail methodically always adding the previous sections to the next until they were riding the whole trail end to end and smiling all the way!
From there I moved on to work on their mental skills and body positioning on riding steep stuff. I used a high 40ft drop off and a smaller near vertical one and demonstrated before they used their mental skills to decide to try it or not.
 For our final application of the skills, I moved onto the 6ft tabletop and gap jump and showed why it all applied there too and soon they all followed suit and gradually everyone cleared the tabeltop.
Tim and Dave used their mental skills to decide to ride the gap jump too and Tim even began styling it too!
 Our session ended with smiles all round and I cannot wait for their riding updates. Amazing session to end a fantastic week of coaching,
High5!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to Dave, Tim and Irv for shedding their respective egos and making the whole day a great learning experience. Tony, what a truely special skill set you have. Thank you

    Plumber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great day - I learned more from Tony in one day than 20 years on my own. I'll be back, for more coffee too....

    ReplyDelete