Wednesday 21 November 2012

Aaron's 1 to 1 session


















Aaron made the trip up to see me from Kent under recommendation from his mate Matt. On meeting I ran him through my skills check that revealed missing footwork, looking and body positioning skills and i knew I would have to work on his mental skills too.



I made some set up changes and showed him why before moving onto the drop technique. It surprised him how easy it all felt and he rode all 3 drops, much to his surprise. From there we moved onto the mainstay of our session, the skills trail and I broke the trail down into components before linking them all together and demonstrating them of course too. Pumping, rock gardens,  steps, jumps and drops were all linked to flat , bermed, off camber and switchback turns. I worked hard on Aaron's body positioning in corners and the extra grip grew confidence in his riding.
 3 hours after starting and he was linking 14 sections on the trail easily and linking drops into corners with ease too! I moved us onto the 6ft tabletop and demonstrated the application of the skill sets there and in a few steps Aaron was clearing it too.
I demonstrated body positioning in riding down steep stuff and then we moved onto the final application of the skill set for this session, pumping and jumping sections on a trail. The mental aspect of the session meant that he was tired mentally so our session ended soon after.
Amazing riding dude

High5!

No comments:

Post a Comment