Monday 26 November 2012

Dan, Mick, Bill and Dave's session



































Dan, Mick, Bill and Dave turned up for their session as arranged and the heavy rain that was promised didn't appear which was nice and I started to put them all through my skills check. I found that collectively, They needed work on footwork, looking and body positioning in all areas and so I made the necessary set up changes to help this.
 We began with the drop technique and they all rode the largest drop and commented how easy it all felt. A cornering excersise followed before we finally made it to the skills trail. Pre jumping, steps, rock gardens, fly out jumps and drops were linked to flat, bermed, off camber and switchback turns. I worked on the correct braking areas and soon they were riding the entire trail end to end. Any errors were now self diagnosed as they knew why it was wrong or right.
 I worked on line choice, particularly when linking drops into corners.
 We moved onto applying both mental and physical skills sets to the jump technique and for this I used a 6ft tabletop and gap jump. I worked on body position here and speed management so they could develop speed and effort judgement. It wasn't long before they were all riding the gap jump!
 I moved us onto the pump and jump trail and worked on pumping, manuals and jumping and choosing what technique to use and why, in each section.
 They were tiring rapidly and as the rains came our session ended to a tour of the herts woodwork.
Amazing riding guys.
High5!

No comments:

Post a Comment