Monday 24 September 2012

September public jump and drop session































 Andy, Shameer, Paul, Chris, Colin, Mark, Gavin and Tim turned up as arranged on a wet and windy day for the drops and jumps session. I ran them through part of my skills check and found they all needed work on their looking and I changed their set ups and showed them why I did so too.
 We began with applying the physical and mental skills sets to the drop technique and later I gave them some cornering advice to enable me to teach them to link both the cornering and drop technique on a trail.
 We moved onto a fly out jump to begin to apply the skills to jumping and later onto the 6ft tabletop and gap jump. Some of them were clearing it quickly and the others were moving along nicely when the wind changed so I moved them onto riding drop offs and various ways of tackling them. I worked hard on their body positions in all aspects of their riding and moved them on to the pump and jump trail to work on pumping undulations on the trail.
 As the wind was still a side wind I worked with them on linking corners on singletrack and they rode down the skills trail and linked the drop into the final corner with ease compared to when we began.
 The wind died down and we moved back to the tabletop and 6ft gap jump and all riders got across it and some used their mental skills questions that I teach to decide to ride the 6ft gap jump!
 They were all mentally drained and the session came to a natural end so we went to the local pub to celebrate an awesome session with a pint each.
 Great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment