Wednesday 26 September 2012

Karl's one to one



















 Karl had a gift voucher for his session and nearly a year later our paths finally met. I found I needed to work on his looking, body position and mental skills during my skills check and I set to work.
To Karl's surprise, drops were first on the menu and it didn't take long for him to ride all 3 drops with ease.
 From there we moved onto the skills trail and the 14 sections contained within. Pumping, rock gardens, jumps, steps and drops were all linked to flat, bermed, off camber and switchback turns.



 It didn't take long for Karl to link the trail together and any errors were self diagnosed and he moved though conscious action. I moved us onto another technique where I worked on his body position, steep stuff. Karls' new body position on his bike gave him way more control than ever and it reflected on his riding as he rode the drop offs I demonstrated to him.
We covered jumping tabletops, gap jumps and manuals later in the session and ended with hopping over tree stumps using the skills set I teach and It blew Karl away how easy it now was.
Awesome session karl.
high5!



No comments:

Post a Comment