Saturday 22 September 2012

Cheltenham mtb clubs session






























 Lou, Dave , Barnaby and Ben turned up as arranged and the skills check showed me that I needed to work on theor body positions and looking skills, I made some set up changes and off we went to apply the skills. I began with the drop technique and they all rode the 3 drops with ease and commented on how easy it felt. After a cornering correction excersise, we moved onto the skills trail. Pumping, flat, bermed, off camber and switchback turns were linked to rock gardens, steps, jump and drops. Soon they were riding the whole trail end to end and linking each section together smoothly.
I moved them on from there and worked on riding steeps, I used various sections and showed them different ways of dropping into steep drop offs. They all rode them and the ease of it all really took them by surprise.
I could see that they were tiring but I wanted to move them on so I moved them to the 6ft tabletop and in a few short steps they all rode the tabletop.

 They used their mental skills questions to all decide to ride the 6ft gap jump too.
 The session came to a close soon after to a tour of the herts skills area. Awesome session guys.
High5!



1 comment:

  1. Great day at Uk Bike Skills, a very interesting day on all levels. After a few alterations to my set up and body position found masses of grip and realized that 99% of my crashes could be avoided by a few simple principals. Still amazed how easy the vert drops became after using the earlier principals, which I would have never even considered riding before. Cheers Tony

    ReplyDelete