Monday, 17 October 2011

Nick's 1 to 1 mtb skills session





Nick came back for more coaching after attending a group session back in May. I ran him through the skills check and found the footwork and looking we worked on before had stuck and now I was able to work on his body position in all areas.
We worked on drops and I worked on his body positioning there and Nick could feel the difference straight away. I moved us onto the skills trail and worked on the top half first before adding the lower half later on. I really worked hard on nicks body position in corners and it made such a difference to his confidence and control. I worked on linking drops into corners and when Nick began riding the trail end to end he linked all 14 sections together even better than before.



video
I then moved onto the pump trail and worked on developing his pump technique further so he could generate enough speed to jump a tabletop on the trail.
I moved us to the isolated 6ft tabletop and gap jump and began working on his body position in 3 phases of jumping and he said he felt so controlled doing it.
video
The gap jump proved no problem either as he applied his mental skill set to it.

video
lastly, I began working on his mental skills by riding a 2ft high ladder drop and this he rode a few times before mental tiredness appeared and Nick called an end to the session.
Massive improvements again Nick!

No comments:

Post a Comment