Saturday 29 October 2011

Julian, Jason, Steve and Simon berks on bikes





Julian, Jason, Steve and Simon met as arranged at the herts skills area and I gave them my commitments for the session and beyond before running them through the skills check. I discovered that I had to work on their body positions and looking skills and I adjusted their set ups accordingly.
We began with the drop technique and applied both the mental and physical skills involved and they all began landing perfectly.


We moved onto the skills trail and I worked on the 14 sections on the trail and linking them together. Pumping was used to gain energy from the trail and we used this speed to ride the following berm and flat corner before adding the next rock garden, berm and switchback.

We worked on applying the skills set to fly out jumps, drops and steps too and by now they were all linking the top 9 sections together smoothly and controlled and way faster than before. I moved us to the end of the trail where I demonstrated line choice in linking drops into corners and the guys all rode it before finally riding the entire trail end to end a few times.

I then moved us onto the 6ft tabletop and gap section and the guys applied their mental and physical skill sets here also and all of them were sailing over the tabletop and some even rode the gap.

After a good few runs each we moved onto riding over logs disconnected bunny hops and speed manuals as our final techniques of the session. The session came to a close and I gave a riding demonstration of the same skill sets in use on the high woodwork at herts.
Great session guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment