Friday 16 August 2013

getting air beneath matts wheels












Matt arrived as planned, so I started as always with the skills checks where I needed to work mainly on body positioning and looking, so I got to work. He quickly understood what was needed, and after a few set up changes, we moved onto the drop technique where I explained the mental skills set, and matt was soon landing perfectly off the largest drop. I then gave him a quick cornering exercise before moving onto the skills trail. Here we worked on it section by section, and soon, matt was linking both bermed and flat corners, rock gardens, fly outs, steps and drops, with more control than he ever had before. We then moved onto the table top and gap jump, where we added speed until he found his clearance point. I then showed him the pump and jump trail where he began choosing whether to pump, jump and soon manual through the sections. I then showed him a larger gap jump, which he rode comfortably. We finished off our session riding some wooden ladders, and he was soon linking wooden ladders, seesaws and ladder drops.

great session matt!

Nath.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the awesome session Nathan. You are an amazing coach. Can’t believe I made those jumps and drops, would never have thought that at the start of the day, and I only fell off once and that wasn’t even on the jumps or drops. Ha Ha. Hope to see you again in the future.

    ReplyDelete