Friday 6 July 2012

Karen and Mark's 2nd session














 Karen and Mark came to me in December and wanted another session prior to them going to the alps.
 The skills check showed me they had worked on their cornering but were dropping looking and body positioning elsewhere.
 I corrected that quickly using the drop sections and from there we moved onto to the 6ft tabletop to work on their mental skills. I wanted to teach this technique to them back in December but mental tiredness prevented me from doing so and now I had the opportunity. I worked hard on the mental skills and also On Mark's body positioning and they both began sailing over it.
 We had a break as I know from before how mental fatigue effects them before heading onto the steeps. I worked on rolling steeps into corners and also rolling from height and demonstrated each step of the way.
 For our final techniques I showed why the skill set applied to pumping repetitive sections and choosing to jump and manual sections. Our session ended soon after to a coffee and this gave us time to reflect on a great session in many ways.
High5!

1 comment:

  1. Another amazing session with Jedi!

    After our session in December I knew we’d be going back to see him before we headed to the Alps at the end of the month, I wanted a session to reaffirm the skills he taught us in December, and work on confidence with drops and jumps, we did exactly that!

    Tony’s energy is immense, he really feels your accomplishments with you and his style of coaching is very intuitive. I was riding down drops steeper that I would ever have attempted without his coaching and confidence building.

    I’d recommend Tony’s coaching to anyone who rides mountain bikes, whether they’re beginners or pro’s – what you get out of a few hours of coaching with Tony transforms your riding.

    Thanks again Tony, I’m sure we’ll be back in another 6 months or so!

    PS, just about to order some Phil Ter!

    ReplyDelete