Saturday 2 July 2011

Kas's 1 to 1 session






Kas had been to a coaching session from another company before but wanted to develop his mental skills and his path led to myself.
On meeting I gave my commitments to him for the session and proceeded to the skills check that uncovered some good stuff that had been bogged down by missing skills.
Once enhanced and his set up changed we moved onto braking technique and onto the drop technique.
Once I had put him in control with his braking, all I had to do was match Kas's natural push to a speed for drops and he began landing perfectly. I removed his comfort braking on touchdown too which we really worked hard on.
Next, we moved onto the trail and I worked on both basic pumping and advanced pumping techniques and we linked this to flat, bermed, off camber and switchback corners, rock gardens, steps, fly out jumps and drops.
I worked hard on line choice on drops into corners as well as looking and body positioning.

We worked our way methodically down the trail linking the 14 sections together using the correct braking zones and soon Kas was riding fluidly and unhurried but fast!
After a few complete runs of the trail I moved Kas onto the 6ft tabletop and gap jump and we began working on jumping.
In no time at all Kas was landing perfectly on the transition and confidence really grew and he used his mental skill set to great effect as he rode the gap jump too a few times before tiredness brought an end to the session.


I cracked open a cold beer for him and I demonstrated the skill set in use in my own riding on the Herts woodwork.
Great session and I look forward to the future ride updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment