Tuesday 4 June 2013

4th June singletrack skills session


















  Stu, Tom, Steve, Kev and Dave turned up as arranged and i began with my skills check and set up changes. I found the areas they needed work in relation to the physical skill set and set to work. I did some work on the drops before moving onto the singletrack and working on the 14 sections individually and then linking them together. Pumping, absorbing, up slopes, steps, drop offs  and rock gardens were linked to various corners and over the course of 3-4 hours errors were identified and worked on as they applied their mental and physical skills.
 I ended the session working on riding steeper terrain and their new skills shone through as they decided to ride sections or not using their mental skills. I could see that the mental and physical aspect of the session had taken its toll and the session ended there and then to keep them safe.
Great session guys.
High5!

No comments:

Post a Comment