Tuesday 18 June 2013

18th June public singletrack skills session round up























 Steve, Ash, Brian, Mike, Don and Kev turned up as arranged and during the skills check I discovered looking ad body positioning needed work collectively. I made some set up changes and set to work, I worked on their mental skills by spending some time on some drops, something I wanted to do as I could see the group were keen to try.
 From there we moved to the skills trail and worked on cornering and linking sections of the trail together via identified control areas. Pumping, steps, drop offs, rock gardens and absorbing up slopes were linked to flat, bermed, off camber and switchback turns. Over the couple of hours we worked on fluidity and line choice and they began riding faster and more controlled than ever. Any errors were self diagnosed too as they now knew why it was right or wrong.
I finished the session after bringing the group to the steeps and we worked on the mental skills on a couple of steep drop offs.
 I really enjoyed that session and we all went to the local pub for a pint to celebrate an awesome journey together.
high5!

No comments:

Post a Comment