Friday 8 March 2013

Bringing the child out in Nick.






















We started the session with the skills check, where I found that I needed to work on nicks physical skill set, so I set to work. He quickly picked up the skills, and after a few set up changes, we moved onto the drop technique. Nick handled the drops well and we quickly moved on to the trail as we didn’t need to work on the drops. I then gave him a quick cornering exercise so he could practise getting his body position right, and how to gain grip in a corner. We moved onto the trail, where I worked on his body position and looking, as footwork has become natural to him by this point. We linked all the sections of the trail together and nick was riding it well from top to bottom, covering rock gardens, fly outs, steps and drops. Finally, we moved onto the tabletop, where I found that nick had a fear of speed, which we quickly confronted and got rid of, and we finished the session with nick clearing the table top, landing smoothly on the other side. Great session nick!
Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment