Friday 5 October 2012

Tabitha's 1 to 1 skills session















 Tabitha made the trip from Kent and on arrival we chatted of her past riding experiences and expectations for the session. The skills check showed me that I needed to work on her looking and body positioning in all areas so I made the necessary set up changes and off we went to out first technique, drops.
I worked on her mental skills so that all choices were her own and an informed decision and from the word go he was landing perfectly . All 3 drops proved no problem for her now and we moved on.
 A cornering excersize followed before we moved onto the skills trail and began by breaking the trail down and working on all 14 sections contained within it. Flat, bermed, switchback and off camber turns were linked to pumping, rock gardens, steps, fly out jumps and drop offs. I worked on both jumping or absorbing the fly out jump  and line choice  and braking control when linking drop offs and corners. When it became time to ride the entire trail, every complete run was faster than the previous and any errors were self diagnosed. I could see that Tabitha was mentally getting tired so we had a break and resumed and all was easier and flowed again. For our final application of the skills, I worked on pumping on another trail and Tabitha linked that to a final berm with ease.
 Great session and I can't wait to hear your riding updates.
High5!

No comments:

Post a Comment