Friday 25 May 2012

Dan's one to one skills session
















  Dan came to me wanting to get comfortable with airtime and also a tune up of his trail riding . The skills check showed body positioning and looking faults in his skill set and I made a set up change to enhance my corrections.
 We moved onto the drop technique and the ease of it surprised Dan as he found landing both wheels together to be easy.
 I moved us onto the skills trail and the 14 sections that it contains. Flat bermed, switchback and off camber turns were linked to fly out jumps, drops, steps, pump bumps and rock gardens.
I worked on braking technique and line choice when linking both the  drop and cornering techniques and before long Dan was flying down the trail.
We moved onto the 6ft tabletop and after a demonstration, Dan sailed over that with ease, commenting that he feels like he is on the ground still!
I moved us onto the pump and jump trail where I demonstrated more advanced pumping, manuals and jumping by generating speed through each section. Dan really got to grips with this and was beginning to get manualing over tabletops too. For our last technique, I worked on the mental side of riding woodwork and we rode a low ladder drop and linked it to another up and over ladder.
 We covered loads of ground in the heat of the day and mental tiredness brought the session to a close.
 Great session Dan,
 high5!

No comments:

Post a Comment