Thursday 29 March 2012

Richard and Simon's 2 to 1 session





Richard and Simon came down from Milton Keynes on a hot sunny day for their session. I Ran them through my skills check and found looking and body position faults. I made changes to their bike set ups and set to work.
We began with drops and I worked on the mental skills as well as applying the physical and they both were landing perfectly from the word go.

We moved onto the skills trail and I worked on their cornering and pumping the trail. Flat, bermed, off camber and switchback turns were linked by the correct braking areas to fly out jumps, steps, rock gardens and drops. I worked on line choice and body positioning in corners and gaining speed through grip and before long they were riding the entire trail end to end. Each run was faster than ever before and smooth and controlled and any errors were self identified by them too as they now knew why it felt wrong.
For our final technique we moved to the 6ft tabletop and after a demonstration they both rode it with Richard clearing it first with ease. The session ended and I look forward to seeing them both again for their next session.
High5!

No comments:

Post a Comment