Friday 2 March 2012

A new beginning for Mark






Mark is a triathlete and wanting to get into riding mtb too. He decided to get some coaching and his path led him to me. On meeting he said to treat him as a total beginner but i explained I teach everyone the same way. We began and the skills check showed me what was missing in his riding and I made some set up changes to enhance the corrected skills further.
I began with drops and Mark's new looking ,feet and body positioning really made the difference. I discovered that he was a natural right foot forward rider even though he tried to ride left foot. once corrected he never missed a beat on the drops, riding all 3 easily and with a control he had never experienced before.


We moved onto the skills trail and I focused heavily on his cornering. I used a few correction techniques to enhance his body positioning and soon he was riding fluidly.
I covered pumping as always and we applied both his mental and physical skill sets in all the 14 sections contained along the trail. Pumping was linked to flat, bermed, switchback and off camber turns, rock gardens, steps, fly out jumps and drops. Mark worked really hard on getting it all right and it paid dividends. I broke the trail into bite sized chunks so we could concentrate on small areas before linking them all together. Mark began to struggle with the final corner and I could see that mental tiredness was fast approaching and after a few more complete runs I called an end to a real fun session. Great riding Mark and I look forward to your updates.
High5!

No comments:

Post a Comment