Saturday 25 February 2012

Nirvana cycles visits Ukbikeskills








Simon and the guys turned up as arranged and I ran them through my skills check straight away. I could see I needed to work on their missing looking, footwork and body positioning. I knew they were ok jumping and dropping off stuff but they all had a body position habit that needed correcting. I made the necessary set up changes and the Guys could feel the difference immediately.
I moved them to the drops section and worked on their mental skills also and soon they were able to land perfectly and all feeling comfortable with it. I was even able to teach them to move the bike in the air too!



After a while we moved onto the skills trail and I worked on pumping techniques and using the gained energy to connect to the trail. Flat, bermed, switchback and off camber turns were linked to rock gardens, fly out jumps, steps, pump bumps and drops. I showed why their skill set applies and we applied it in different contexts throughout the trail. I worked hard on line choice when linking drops into corners too and before you knew it they were riding the trail end to end. Each run, although some errors were present was faster and more controlled than the previous and they knew why the errors were there.

I moved onto the alpine switchbacks and once again showed why the skills applied and they felt more controlled on them . I used a drop with a steep roll in for the first time coaching and yet again they applied their new skills to confidently ride it. By now the guys were tired mentally and they were happy to end the session with a ride down the new singletrack we have there and end with a cold beer!
Great riding guys and I look forward to riding with you soon on a sunday.
High5!

No comments:

Post a Comment