Monday 16 May 2011

myles's session


e

h

Myles has a back ground in wind surfing and I could see the cross over in his skill set during my skills check.
I found footwork, looking and body position faults but also uncovered a push that was bogged down and needed un blocking.
Once corrected, the 1st technique I covered was the drop technique. here I showed why his push applied and how and in no time at all Myles was landing perfectly on all 3 drops.
I moved us onto the trail and set about working on linking the sections on the trail one by one using the correct braking areas and also using the trails energy rather than the riders.
We worked on all kinds of corners and linked them into steps, rocks, jumps and drops.
I worked hard on linking Myles' new found drop technique into corners and worked hard on braking and line choice before finally riding the trail end to end.
Myles rode the trail end to end a few times and with each run he became more fluid as he began to surf the trail metaphorically.
Our session ended to a cold beer and a demonstration of the skill set in use by myself on the woodwork of herts.

No comments:

Post a Comment