Thursday 18 November 2010

Teaching Llew and Sam to dirt jump






Today I took a break from digging the pump/gravity trail to teach Sam and Llew how to ride a 6 pack or linked dirt jumps. Both have been coached by me before so they have the good basic skills of looking, speed management, body positioning and footwork but now needed to apply them in this context. The mental skills were needed!
I had worked with Sam on Monday for an hour, so I picked up where we left off and Llew joined in.
We worked on the 1st one and worked on speed management and looking. Llew had a body position fault that made him nose dive that I quickly identified and removed. Once Sam was through all 3 jumps I began teaching him to relax and look more stylish in the air!
We ended our session as darkness fell with high5's all round!


No comments:

Post a Comment