Thursday 7 February 2013

Glover and Andy's search for skills





















 Glover has been looking to get better at riding for a while now and tried various other coaching schools and his path led to me. Andy wanted to join him for a session and on a blue sky morning our session began.
I could see That they needed to work on looking and body positioning and also that Andy was one sided in corners with his footwork too. I corrected the missing skills and we began as ever, with the drop technique.
 I worked on both physical and mental skills here and they soon began landing perfectly on all 3 drops.
 I wanted to move straight to jumping tabletops and used a 6ft tabletop for this and over a period of time they were sailing into the air and landing perfectly. They even rode their fist ever gap jump as they rode the 6ft gap jump side too!

 We moved onto a body position correction excersize in cornering before moving to the trail itself.
 Pumping, rock gardens, absorbing, fly out jumps, steps and drops were all linked via control areas to flat. bermed. off camber and switchback turns. We worked down the trail gradually, always adding the previous to the next section via line choice and braking areas until they were riding the whole trail smoothly and linking the 14 sections together easily. Any errors were self diagnosed now too.
We moved onto riding steep stuff and their new body positioning allowed them to ride near vertical drop offs easily and in a variety of ways too. To end our session they linked 2 large berms together with no braking as their new skill set allowed them so much more control than ever before. Our session ended as mental fatigue took hold and we retired to the pub for a celebratory pint.
Awesome riding guys.
High5!


1 comment:

  1. One of my top days riding in 10 years. What I knew I did'nt know about jumping I now realise I did not know about cornering.I have come away with so much confidence and so much to work on. I am supper excited to go out and ride. Glover

    ReplyDelete