Thursday 5 April 2012

Andy, Foggy, Mark and Graham's group session


t






Andy, Foggy, Mark and Graham turned up as arranged for their pre alpine session. I could see their bikes were set up wrong and I also found body, foot and looking skills were missing in their riding too. I made the corrections and then set off to apply the same things in different applications out on the trails.


I always begin with the drop technique and the application of both the mental and physical skills and they all found it very easy indeed.
After a while I moved us onto the skills trail where I worked on pumping, flat, bermed, switchback and off camber turns, rock gardens, fly out jumps, steps and drops and we worked on linking them all together using the correct braking areas and technique.


Before long they were riding the entire trail end to end and each run was faster and more fluid than the previous than before and soon it was time to move onto jumping the 6ft tabletop and gap.


It took no time at all for the lads to sail over the tabletop and much to their surprise was how easy it all was, even the gap jump side proved simple too for those who could answer their mental skills questions affirmatively. To end our session we moved onto the pump and jump trail where we used the 1st three sections to pump and then generate enough speed to jump a 9ft tabletop, I even taught them why the skills could be used to manual them too!
Amazing session guys. High5!

1 comment:

  1. Great session Tony Thank You. Went to Rogate the following day and felt completely different, I did a gap jump I would not have done before and it felt so easy and controlled compared to my previous hit and hope technique.

    Cheers,

    Mark

    ReplyDelete