Wednesday 5 January 2011

Radioman's one to one session




n

Tim met me for a one to one finally after the snow delayed our session. On meeting, we chatted about his aspirations for the session and I gave him my commitments for the session..
Firstly, I ran him through the skills check where I see what is missing and bogging his riding progression down. I found he had footwork and didn't look correctly whilst riding. I set about correcting these before moving onto the drop technique. We worked hard on body positioning during this technique as I matched his push to a speed for this technique.
We then moved onto the coaching trail and its 14 sections contained within it.
I worked with Tim on his cornering on flat, bermed , switchback and off camber corners.
we linked drops and rock sections into corners as well as the speed manual and the beginnings of the jump technique.
Gradually we worked our way down the trail and Tim really began to flow and link each section to the next fluidly. His footwork was massively improved as was his looking skill.
After a few complete runs of the trail we moved onto to the tabletop and worked on the jump technique also.
In a very short space of time, Tim was sailing over the jump. His confidence was such that he used his mental skill set and rode the gap side of the jump a few times too!
Our session ended as the rain just started and Tim left me smiling from ear to ear.
Great session Radioman!

No comments:

Post a Comment